Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Frustrating First Week!

The first week back to school for my last semester almost ended in tears! On Tuesday I  was scheduled at the VA where I didn't have an 8am patient only a 9:30am patient due to a cancellation. Then my afternoon patient never showed up so my advisor had to locate a patient that was willing to be seen after their appointment with one of the dentists. Then on Thursday at the WSU clinic my first patient no showed and I tried so hard to find a patient who would be willing to come in on short noticed. I had no luck, and no patient. Then that afternoon my second patient also no showed. This is about the time that I nearly cried. Again I frantically began calling people off our resource list. Finally just when I thought all hope was lost, I found a patient. Not just any patient, but the most kindest, sweetest patient ever! This patient was super nice and made my day seem not so bad anymore. When you see patients that are like this, it makes you realize that not all patients are horrible and mean and don't show up for their scheduled appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment