Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Crowns popping off...

What a day! In the morning I saw a true class II patient. She is absolutely wonderful and might be my board patient! I feel so blessed to have stumbled across this woman's family. I received five new patients from this one family! They are all so nice and willing to help me I will have to think of a great gift to give them if I use her as my board patient. In the afternoon my grandma and cousin came in to get their treatment completed. While cleaning my grandmas teeth I happened to "pop" off one of her crowns. It turned out it was because of a fractured root and luckily the Dr was able to re-cement it back on. She will probably need a bridge or an implant in the future. I am just glad that my first experience with removing a tooth was on someone who loves me! There are only four more days left in clinic for my third semester. The time is really flying..... Will I be ready to graduate next semester?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Megan. I am glad that this family has been a good one for you. Also, I don't know what I would do if a crown popped off. I know that we aren't supposed to say "oops" and that is it. I am sure that you handled it perfectly even if it was you grandma and yes you will be ready to graduate next semester. You were ready last year.

    ReplyDelete